Sunday, February 10, 2008

Traveling Day 2

Sorry it has taken a while to post day 2 of our travels. . . I was feeling pretty good and then I had a down turn and now don't feel really great again, but the blog must go on ;). So day 2 of traveling (last Monday). We woke up at about 6am got dressed and ready before we got the boys up. Will woke up pretty easily even though he was still a bit tired. Jake however was dead to the world. I always try to be a nice mommy and wake them up gently so I go over to his crib and say his name. . . nothing. . . I say his name again. . . no response. . . I shake him a little . . . nope still sound asleep. Finally I just picked him up this finally roused him. So we get them dressed and go down stairs for the hotels breakfast we had stayed here before so I did know that they have a pretty nice breakfast but I was again impressed with the yummy spread. Eggs, many varities of cereal, bagels, biscuits and gravy, waffles very nice. Will definatly stay at this hotel again. So we eat, pack up and get on the way at 9:00 :). The weather forcast is a bit grim with chances of freezing rain and snow but we decide to go and if we have to stop then we will stop. I think sometimes driving the second day is harder because you are already tired and don't really want to be in the car, the novelty has worn out. We set out and I am hoping that We can wait to start the movie watching until a bit later so that Will won't get tired of it but we are 45 min into that day's drive and he is getting really antsy so we throw in the movie. This settles him down for a good portion of the day and now Jake is an old hat at sleeping in his chair so he settles in and takes his regular naps (10:00 he falls asleep, 1:00 he falls asleep, 5:00 he falls asleep almost on the dot). Will actually tried to sleep as well he fell asleep at about 2:00 that afternoon but was only able to sleep for about 1/2 hour and then woke he is done he wants to be picked up, and get out of his chair. So the only real option left to keep him quiet and happy is for me to crawl in the back with them. Now please keep in mind we have a truck it does have an extended cab but there is not a whole lot of space in the back seat, not to mention we have two car seats and all of our traveling stuff, DVD's, snacks, blankets, etc. So I am a bit cramped but both boys are very happy to have me back there and immediatly perk up. Will happily shares his "blue blankie" with me and Jake is his smiley self again. We ride this way for until we stop for dinner in Stillwater, MN about 30min from Jonah's parents house. We finally arrived in WI, very tired and ready to be done traveling, at about 7pm not too bad! We were able to decpmpress and bring necessities into the house before the boys crashed for the night.

No comments: