Thursday, February 21, 2008

Is it cold here?

Many if you have asked me questions about this new area we are living in such as. . . Is it cold there? What is the weather like? Have you had snow? Well I braved the cold to take and share these pictures with you. Please keep in mind that this was a bit of a chore because yes it is very cold outside (around 14 degrees) this is not the weather than my body is accustomed to. My body prefers a milder climate such as currently in Colorado Springs I am reading on the weather it is currently 46 degrees. In this weather I would have worn a sweat shirt and maybe a light jacket. In 14 degree weather I would like to be wearing thermals, jeans, a turtle neck, a sweat shirt, a coat, a couple of pairs of gloves, a hat and a scarf (I do not currently possess most of these items because I am from Colorado -the mild part not the skiing part- and have never resided in the frozen tundra in which I am now living). But I digress I braved to cold to bring you these shots:

This is a huge icicle hanging from the gutter spout- notice no dripping. This means that it is freezing outside!

When you walk outside there is the distinctive sound of frozen snow

This is the way the backyard looked when we arrived almost 3 weeks ago, I am told that the snow melts at some point and I have actually been here in the spring and there wasn't any snow on the ground so I have hope that at some point the cold will- well melt away.

3 comments:

Sara said...

uh yikes! you win the photographer of the day award for risking your life taking that dangerous downspout photo ... reminds me of the Christmas Story where the mom says "those icicles have been known to kill people!" :)
these are stunning... makes me cold just looking at them!

abieco said...

living in a tropical country, i've always looked at snow as something beautiful! i guess it also brings some inconveniences.

Chris said...

I don't think I would brave the cold for a photo op, but I'm glad you did, because it's a great shot!