Monday, February 25, 2008
Busy and Tiring Weekend
Sorry that I have been absent over the weekend, it seemed to fly by. On Saturday we took the boys to Wal-mart for weekly grocery shopping, actually their first trip since we got here. They needed to get out for a while. They were both excited to be out and about, however shopping here takes a bit longer. . . no more 1/2 hour trips to Wal-mart(boy I was spoiled with a store literally minutes away from the house) now it takes us about 1/2 to drive there, about 45 min for shopping (less times to the store per week = longer list), and 1/2 hour back. So this means that we are cutting out Jake's Morning nap, he is not ready quite ready for this yet. I did pick them up a snack hoping to keep them happy for the return trip. They both did pretty well Jake cried for a little bit and then finally gave up and went to sleep, Will actually just sat back and enjoyed the music we were listening to. So it worked out pretty well. Jake took a 3 hour nap that afternoon (clearly not ready to skip that morning nap). We went to scout out some properties while they were napping (Grandma was home). One property was next to two very busy streets, not a good fit. The next house was not for sale anymore. A third house looked like a pretty good fit, close to the the in-laws, good size, decent price, etc. I think we would like to take a look at it, but I don't know if we will before our house sells. Sunday we tried out a new church, tiny. They meet in a high school. Two services. We went to the first one, since we are more on the side of being morning people. There only have nursery not any other children's ministry at this service. So it was our two guys and one other little guy, but at least we could get them in :). Very raw, but also very contemporary and only about 15min away so I think we will probably try it again. I have a couple of cute pictures to share so more later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment