Yesterday Jonah and I spent the day at Willow River State park the boys were at a county fair with Grandma and Grandpa, so it was just the two of us. We had parked a ways from the falls and got to do some walking before we got there, it felt good to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. I told Jonah that I think my battery is solar powered, because it seems like being out in nature, not just the back yard, really energizes me. Jonah found this guy on the trail, he wasn't too thrilled about being picked up our how long it took me to get his picture.+Edit_web.jpg)
+Edit_web.jpg)
We made it to the Falls and it was well worth the walk. I need to go back again to try and perfect my Waterfall shots, but you can still see a bit of their beauty- mom this is on our list of to-do's when you visit :) _edit_web.jpg)
This is the view on the other side of the bridge, the calm side.
We climbed all the stairs to get to the observation platform (see previous blog post) and after looking at the waterfall from above for a while we found even more stairs! They led to a path, I don't know where the path went, I think it may have gone down or maybe to a nearby parking lot. . . we didn't follow the path but went back down all the stairs ~with extremely shaky legs. The view was worth it though.
We have lived here for over a year now and I am still amazed at how green the grass and trees get, I always think they look like someone adjusted the colors in Photoshop to make the green pop more (hmmm maybe I spend too much time working in Photoshop!)
I was really wishing that I had brought my Macro lens along when I saw this guy, I love these technicolor bugs.
After spending the morning hiking we were ready to have our picnic lunch. So went in search for a table by the swimming beach and watched the geese while we ate and I took a few more shots.
_edit_web.jpg)
This is the view on the other side of the bridge, the calm side.
We climbed all the stairs to get to the observation platform (see previous blog post) and after looking at the waterfall from above for a while we found even more stairs! They led to a path, I don't know where the path went, I think it may have gone down or maybe to a nearby parking lot. . . we didn't follow the path but went back down all the stairs ~with extremely shaky legs. The view was worth it though.
We have lived here for over a year now and I am still amazed at how green the grass and trees get, I always think they look like someone adjusted the colors in Photoshop to make the green pop more (hmmm maybe I spend too much time working in Photoshop!)
I was really wishing that I had brought my Macro lens along when I saw this guy, I love these technicolor bugs.
After spending the morning hiking we were ready to have our picnic lunch. So went in search for a table by the swimming beach and watched the geese while we ate and I took a few more shots.
_edit_web.jpg)
_edit_web.jpg)
It was a lovely but tiring day, always nice to have some time to spend alone with Jonah.


No comments:
Post a Comment