Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kiss it Mommy


Jake has this funny habit of asking me to "kiss it" every time he gets hurt. A bump to the head, a scrape and today his hands. His hands you may be wondering then why is he pointing to his mouth in the picture. Well that is a funny little story. Yesterday I noticed that Jake kept biting on his hands but when I asked him if his teeth hurt he would say no. Then this morning while they were playing he kept coming over to me with a most pathetic look on his face asking me to kiss his hands. "What did you do to your hand?" I asked. "My Bite it!" he would say. So naturally my response was "Well don't bite your hand then!" When it happened again and again my lightening fast mind figured out he must be getting his two year molars! So I asked him to let me look at his teeth and sure enough in the back of his mouth his gums are swollen with little white bumps in the center. So I promptly gave him teething tablets and some ibuprofen. Boy he has been a different guy all afternoon (I asked him if I could take a picture of where his teeth hurt and he was nice enough to pose for me) So the lesson that I learned from this is that when he bites on his hand look in his mouth don't just believe his word when he says his teeth don't hurt, not that he would lie but he is only 2 for goodness sake!

No comments: