Friday, July 3, 2009

Zoo Today. . .

We went to the zoo today. We love the zoo and it was a very nice day for a trip, apparently many other people thought so as well as it was very busy but we still had a lovely time. We usually split the zoo into two section, the warm weather section and the cold weather section. So in the Spring, Summer, and Fall we see all of the things outside and in the Winter we see all of the things inside. It works out well and since it is a big zoo and we only have a few hours each time to go this is the best way we have found to see it. We actually haven't been to the zoo since February I think, so the outdoor part was calling our names. Not to mention the fact that they have a new Africa Exhibit in which they have borrowed some Giraffes from our other favorite zoo. So we had to go and check it out. Unfortunately they line was really long and we didn't get the feed the giraffes this time, but we will try again next time. I got some shots that I was pleased with, for adding to the boys animal book and just because the animals are beautiful :)
Brown Bear (AKAGrizzly) look at those claws!




Black-Tailed Prairie Dogs


This one looks like I surprised him!


Gemsbok (aren't they magnificent!)



Zebra (don't you just want to hug them I do!)


And of course the star of the exhibit the Giraffes, it is easy to see why!

Lastly I will leave you with this moose. I just kept wishing I could pet his antlers!

No comments: