Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fabulous Fourth

We started the 4th out with a Bagel Adventure, this is just a fun way to describe a bagel run. We get the boys up and then do any errands that we need to do. The boys love it, maybe because we call it an adventure! We went to Hudson Bagel. The boys each had a chocolate chip bagel and juice boxes. I had a french toast bagel and Jonah had Cinnamon sugar bagel. Yummy we all love bagels as you can probably tell.


Then we went to Menards to get some yard supplies. We are currently fighting with the weeds and they are winning, but we will get the upper hand! After the boys took their nap I attempted to get some cute patriotic shots of the boys. I was feeling a bit cranky and they weren't all that into taking photos so I got a few ok ones but nothing that I love. I might try later in the week, but here are a few that I liked.
This is the first year that we have been in this house so we decided to stay home and see whatever fireworks we could from the yard, figuring we could at least see New Richmond's display. We decided to let the boys take a nap and then get them back up when the fireworks were about start. Will was so excited he could not sleep at all but Jake was asleep quickly and did get a good nap before we got him up. So we had one very excited little boy and one half asleep little boy out on a blanket as the fireworks began. Will was so excited that he was literally jumping up and down and clapping, Jake was content to sit in my lap and point out the "far way" ones that he could see. This is the first time that we let them get up to see the fireworks, so it was exciting for all of us. I have to tell you that they really know how to do fireworks here. Fireworks are legal in WI so anyone can get them and set them off. Our show started around 9:45 with several neighbors lighting off really great displays followed but the New Richmond display. It was really great we literally had a 365° view of fireworks. Our biggest problem was trying to decide which direction to look! We didn't come inside until about 10:30 when they were mostly winding down, although I still heard some until much later in the evening. It was a fun evening and the boys were still very excited to talk about the fireworks this morning, tired but very excited!

No comments: