Friday, July 31, 2009

Making Millie the Monkey

There is nothing better than starting with a bunch of fabric and ending up with something wonderful, at least for me ;). I love sewing and I do love making dolls especially. Since I have boys I haven't really made them too many dolls but I did come accross an adorable pattern for a monkey so I spent some time yesterday and part of today making these little monkeys. I have made a few dolls before and these have to be one of the easiest that I have ever made. They went together so easily and they are so cute. If you would like to make your own Millie the Monkey you can find the pattern here, she also has other really cute patterns I will probably be getting soon. I made Will's from a small piece of his "blue blankie" I had left over and accented it with some more fleece. Needless to say he is very happy with his monkey and hasn't put it down since I gave it too him this morning. Jake's is made from Corduroy and a blue and white striped fabric which I got last night. He seems pretty please as well. I finished it while he was napping and put it in his crib, I went to check on him later and I could him talking to the monkey, saying "Hi monkey, Hi, what are you doing here!" Then when I went into get him he said, "Mommy, Look this monkey is in here!" "Did you make this for me!" A few dollars and a just a few hours for two happy boys it totally worth it!

1 comment:

Heather said...

They are very adorable! the monkeys and the boys :) Fabulous job on them