Friday, December 21, 2007

Electric Safari

On Monday we went to the zoo for the Electric Safari. The zoo puts lights on basically everything that is not moving, nearly 1,000,000 lights! We had never been but as zoo member we get in for free, so we decided to give it a go. It starts at 5:30 and it is the middle of December so as you can imagine it is really cold, but we were all bundled up and were able to stay pretty warm.
It was really spectacular!

I love this picture, I know what you are thinking and no Jake did not take it :). He is actually behind Will in the stroller and did not get to be in the picture :(




Here are a few nice shots that Jonah took. I think they are great! We took the tripod so that we could get night shots, which is not that easy.
They also have an opportunity to see Santa and his Reindeer. We did not stand in line to see Santa but did see the Reindeer, how cool when do you get a chance to see reindeer? I have never in my life seen them. I did think that I saw Rudolf once, it actually turned out to just be the lights on top of the Holly Sugar Building that is downtown. You know the red ones that show planes that there is a tall building and that it is not a good idea to land here. Well I did not actually know that it was these lights until MANY years later. I always thought it was Santa getting close and hurried to bed. The really funny thing is that I never looked at the building except on Christmas! Anyway back to the zoo reindeer. We were looking at the reindeer and Will says (really LOUD) "Daddy look reineer, take a picture!" Oh from the mouth of a child whose parents routinely take 100 pictures during an outing!

No comments: