I love photos of people walking and holding hands, the bridge is an added bonus! So if I am around you and I am taking your picture it is likely I will try to get a photo of you walking, especially if I can find someone for you to hold hands with ;)

Along the path there is this beautiful field of flowers~ love the purple and white together,
this barn and windmill, a local museum,
and quite a few benches to rest if you need to or take a couple pictures in the lovely shade. Love this one of them hugging!
Then on Saturday the boys got to be in The "Soup days Parade". So they rode in Grandpa's Hot rod, a 1929 Ford Truck. It is quite impressive as anyone who has seen it will tell you.
The boys were treated to sandwiches, lemonade and of course a bit of the candy they were throwing. We stayed for the parade, just so I could photograph see them and then we ran errands. They went on to have tons of fun eating Pea Soup (What else would you do at Pea Soup days?) and visiting the carnival. We went to Ikea, just to return some items and then to Lowe's really exciting I know! We went to pick the boys up from Grandma's and as usual Grandma invited us to stay for dinner. I am so lucky to have a MIL who watches the boys all day and then cooks for us too.
We finished the weekend by preparing and then planting a few things in our tiny plot of soil garden. We Jonah had to dig the grass up, till the ground, and then we added in lovely dark soil from our "swamp". So there was a lot of watching daddy
and some "helping" daddy
a couple dirty faces
Then we got on with the planting. We planted pumpkins, which started the whole garden idea. I saw some pumpkin plants and thought why not try and grow our own instead of buying them in the fall, then I thought if we can do plants why not seeds. So let's do pumpkins turned into let's also do watermelon, because that's just like pumpkins, and hey we really like carrots and if we are doing carrots why not a little corn. Bare in mind we have never planted anything on our own and we really know nothing about having a garden, but it seems to fall under the "how hard can it be"category and the "why not give it a try" category. Besides we have bunnies so if the whole garden idea is a terrible flop we can always blame the bunnies :)_web.jpg)
_web.jpg)
We ran out of time but will also plant sunflowers tomorrow~ just because they are pretty!_editweb.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment