Thursday, June 11, 2009
My aperture is way to open and I think my ISO is too high
I think my my ISO is to high so am seeing things that are very blown out and my aperture is too open thus my distance of focus it very narrow. What is she talking about, you are probably asking yourself. Well I am using my photography vocabulary words to describe my current situation. Today I had an eye exam and had my eyes dilated. It is funny but this seems to be the first time I have ever had this done in all my years of sub par eye sight. I specifically asked if I would be able to drive home and she said sure it won't effect your distance vision, you will just be more sensitive to light and your near vision will be a bit blurry. Well after having my eyes dilated I disagree with her assessment of the situation. I do agree that my eyes are more sensitive the the light, thus my ISO is way to high, making bright areas seems to lose detail or be blown out. I disagree that my distance vision hasn't been affected because it seems to me that my aperture or pupil is very open this decreasing the distance of focus so I can see thing that I am very focus on clearly but the things just outside of the area of focus are out of focus making it really hard to see. When I want a entire photograph to appear in focus I would use a more closed aperture or in this case a more closed pupil to see the whole picture clearly. I thought this analogy was fascinating, as I am currently obsessed with all things photography, and I thought if you have ever had your eyes dilated you might understand how I am feeling today. OK enough of staring at a blurry screen I am going to take a nap. I will be happy when my aperture and ISO reset correctly again ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment