Monday, November 3, 2008
Operation Christmas Child
Have you heard of this project? They collect shoeboxes filled with small items and give them to poor children all over the world at Christmas time. In doing so they share the love and message of Jesus with hundreds of thousands of children all over the world. I saw a video (you can also see it on their website here) and was amazed by the task these volunteers take on. They literally take these boxes to the most remote parts of the world, by boat, Jeep and even camel. I have been meaning to do this for years but have always gotten sidetracked for one reason or another. This year we are going to fill two boxes one for a girl and one for a boy. For less than it costs to go out to dinner you could change the life of a little boy or girl. If you have never done this before think about jumping in this year there are tons of drop off locations you can visit the website to find one near you. If you fill a box this year I would love to hear about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Funny you should mention this... we just filled boxes at the nursing home for this same program. I'm not a Christmas person, but am a "children" person....and couldn't say no to the project. I'm sure there are kids all over the world that would love getting a box like one of these.
Post a Comment