Will has discovered that he can crawl out of his crib. I have suspected that he could do it for a while he just hadn't tried. So now when I go into his room to get him up he says. "Mommy I want to do it all by myself" so then he will proceed to climb out of his crib. He can get into his crib too it is just a little harder. He has to climb over the rail and then sort of fall onto the mattress. Here is the really funny part. . . he can climb out but doesn't unless given permission. Today I sent him to his "no nothing time out". Which is usually because we have put him into time out for whatever and then he starts throwing a fit on the step, he is unreasonable at this point and the thing that seems to have the most impact is going into his crib without his blankets, stuffed animal, or pillow -although sometimes I "forget" to take his pillow out. So back to the story I sent him to his "no nothing time out" and he proceeds to scream at the top of his lungs for a couple of minutes, which is normal and then silence. I figure he has gotten out of his crib and is probably laying on the floor with his blanket. So I go in to check on him and he is laying in his crib on his pillow that I "mistakenly" left in his crib. I guess he was just tired. I ask him if he wants to get up, he says"Mommy I want to get out of my crib by myself!" OK I am lucky to have a kid that is this good! Can it last???



No comments:
Post a Comment