Thursday, May 15, 2008
I think I may be a City Girl
At one point I told Jonah, with tears in my eyes I am sure, I am a mountain girl. I have lived near the mountains my whole life, I love to see the snow capped peaks, I love to go up into the mountains and smell the pine cones baking in the sun, I love the Aspen trees. I could go on but it is difficult to conjure up these wonderful memories when all I can smell is pooh! I kid you not I am sitting here writing this and it is a warm and beautiful day outside so I have the windows open. And all I can smell is pooh. They are planting corn in the fields across the street so they have been spreading manure. . . lovely. Along with this we have been finding ticks I would say everywhere but this would really be an exaggeration, but we have found two on Peanut and I found one crawling on Will the other day. This has caused me to freak O-U-T. I do not like the idea of things crawling on me and for this reason always sleep with a sheet over me even when it is really hot, in my mind if I have at least a sheet over the bugs cannot crawl on me (please do not tell me otherwise). So the thought of ticks is causing me to constantly be scratching my hair and feeling that crawly feeling you know what I mean? Oh and we are out here in the mean the middle of no where and of course there are mice too. None currently in the house be there could be. . . I am no good with these things. In addition to these insect and rodent issues, it doesn't get cool, you know that wonderful coolness that you get in Colorado even if it has been a really warm day, at night. Now of course it cools off a bit at night, but at this time of the year we would have still been sleeping under a comforter and blanket but here I am pushing them off already. These thought and series of events have caused me to conclude that I am not a mountain girl, but I am also not a farm girl, I am not tough, I am a city girl, and now I am stuck in the middle of no where. One bright spot is that you hardly ever hear cars. . . I do love not hearing the cars!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment