Saturday, May 31, 2008

Huge Turtle

Kay came home yesterday and said that there was a big turtle up the road a bit in the middle of the street. So we grab the camera and the boys and head up the road. We get to where the turtle is and I can hardly beleive that it is a turtle in the road. It looks more like a giant tortiose that what you would expect from a turtle.

I would not usually say that I think of a turtle as menacing but this guy could fall into that catagory. Look at those claws.


Here are the boys standing by him. He is nearly the size of Peanut!

He was literally in the middle of the road. While we were there actually debating what we could do with him a few guys in a truck came by and the had shovels and gloves. One guy suggested scooping him up with a shovel to get him out of the road. The other guy put on a pair of gloves and picked him up and carried him off of the road.

The turtle was not too happy to be picked up but did seem happy to be in the grass, well as happy as turtles ever seem I guess.

No comments: