Journaling reads: Jake you are growing so fast I can hardly believe it. So I wanted to capture a day in your life at 16 months old. Some days we do things a little differently but for the most part your schedule stays pretty consistent. 8:00-9:00 am You get up (you are usually awake before this but you and Will just talk to each other and laugh until I get you up), get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast. Breakfast is your favorite meal of the day and you will usually eat whatever I fix, cereal, oatmeal, toast, pancakes, etc. 9:00-10:0 0am I clean up after breakfast and I would like for you to play, sometimes this happens but many times you follow me around asking for “uppie” and want to be held. I often stop cleaning and hold you for a while and then you will go and play. I also try to read the Bible aloud to you and Will during this time you like to go and grab a book and sit in my lap and listen 10:00- 11:00 am We usually play outside for about 1/2 hour and then come inside to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You get really tired around this time so you sit on my lap and usually fall asleep while we are watching T.V. We are officially down to one nap, but you need this time of rest and sometimes a little cat nap.11:00- 12:00 pm Lunchtime You eat lunch pretty well depending on what we have and then you and Will play for a while. 12:00-1:00pm Second Lunch. This is the time when Daddy and Grandpa come in for lunch and you love to mooch, uh I mean share with them. You will share things off of daddy’s plate that I can’t get you to eat off of your own plate! Today it was Mac and Cheese and hot dogs. 1:00-3:30 or 4:00 pm Nap time You are usually really tired and take a long nap. 4:00-5:00 pm Snack time and run errands We often go to the chiropractor or run other errands during this time so snack is on the go. Tonight we ran into New Richmond to get Pizza. 5:00-6:00 pm Dinner Tonight we had pizza you fussed at first but then were fine after you tried it. 6:00-7:00 pm Play- You and Will had a great time playing with a box tonight as well as playing outside with Grandma with your “park” 7:00-8:00 pm Play and have snack, snack is another thing that you eat really well- tonight we had goldfish and a few M&M for a special treat. 8:00 pm go to bed At 8 we get you ready for bed: change diapers and clothes, brush your teeth, say a prayer, and put you to bed. You go to sleep very well
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Day in the Life of Jake
I wanted to chronicle an ordinary day in the life of Jake at 16 mo old, a snapshot into his life right now.
Journaling reads: Jake you are growing so fast I can hardly believe it. So I wanted to capture a day in your life at 16 months old. Some days we do things a little differently but for the most part your schedule stays pretty consistent. 8:00-9:00 am You get up (you are usually awake before this but you and Will just talk to each other and laugh until I get you up), get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast. Breakfast is your favorite meal of the day and you will usually eat whatever I fix, cereal, oatmeal, toast, pancakes, etc. 9:00-10:0 0am I clean up after breakfast and I would like for you to play, sometimes this happens but many times you follow me around asking for “uppie” and want to be held. I often stop cleaning and hold you for a while and then you will go and play. I also try to read the Bible aloud to you and Will during this time you like to go and grab a book and sit in my lap and listen 10:00- 11:00 am We usually play outside for about 1/2 hour and then come inside to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You get really tired around this time so you sit on my lap and usually fall asleep while we are watching T.V. We are officially down to one nap, but you need this time of rest and sometimes a little cat nap.11:00- 12:00 pm Lunchtime You eat lunch pretty well depending on what we have and then you and Will play for a while. 12:00-1:00pm Second Lunch. This is the time when Daddy and Grandpa come in for lunch and you love to mooch, uh I mean share with them. You will share things off of daddy’s plate that I can’t get you to eat off of your own plate! Today it was Mac and Cheese and hot dogs. 1:00-3:30 or 4:00 pm Nap time You are usually really tired and take a long nap. 4:00-5:00 pm Snack time and run errands We often go to the chiropractor or run other errands during this time so snack is on the go. Tonight we ran into New Richmond to get Pizza. 5:00-6:00 pm Dinner Tonight we had pizza you fussed at first but then were fine after you tried it. 6:00-7:00 pm Play- You and Will had a great time playing with a box tonight as well as playing outside with Grandma with your “park” 7:00-8:00 pm Play and have snack, snack is another thing that you eat really well- tonight we had goldfish and a few M&M for a special treat. 8:00 pm go to bed At 8 we get you ready for bed: change diapers and clothes, brush your teeth, say a prayer, and put you to bed. You go to sleep very well
Journaling reads: Jake you are growing so fast I can hardly believe it. So I wanted to capture a day in your life at 16 months old. Some days we do things a little differently but for the most part your schedule stays pretty consistent. 8:00-9:00 am You get up (you are usually awake before this but you and Will just talk to each other and laugh until I get you up), get dressed and go downstairs for breakfast. Breakfast is your favorite meal of the day and you will usually eat whatever I fix, cereal, oatmeal, toast, pancakes, etc. 9:00-10:0 0am I clean up after breakfast and I would like for you to play, sometimes this happens but many times you follow me around asking for “uppie” and want to be held. I often stop cleaning and hold you for a while and then you will go and play. I also try to read the Bible aloud to you and Will during this time you like to go and grab a book and sit in my lap and listen 10:00- 11:00 am We usually play outside for about 1/2 hour and then come inside to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. You get really tired around this time so you sit on my lap and usually fall asleep while we are watching T.V. We are officially down to one nap, but you need this time of rest and sometimes a little cat nap.11:00- 12:00 pm Lunchtime You eat lunch pretty well depending on what we have and then you and Will play for a while. 12:00-1:00pm Second Lunch. This is the time when Daddy and Grandpa come in for lunch and you love to mooch, uh I mean share with them. You will share things off of daddy’s plate that I can’t get you to eat off of your own plate! Today it was Mac and Cheese and hot dogs. 1:00-3:30 or 4:00 pm Nap time You are usually really tired and take a long nap. 4:00-5:00 pm Snack time and run errands We often go to the chiropractor or run other errands during this time so snack is on the go. Tonight we ran into New Richmond to get Pizza. 5:00-6:00 pm Dinner Tonight we had pizza you fussed at first but then were fine after you tried it. 6:00-7:00 pm Play- You and Will had a great time playing with a box tonight as well as playing outside with Grandma with your “park” 7:00-8:00 pm Play and have snack, snack is another thing that you eat really well- tonight we had goldfish and a few M&M for a special treat. 8:00 pm go to bed At 8 we get you ready for bed: change diapers and clothes, brush your teeth, say a prayer, and put you to bed. You go to sleep very well
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment