
I am currently working on doing some digital layouts about me. I consider myself the family historian and record keeper (or at least that is what I am working toward). So what kind of a record keeper would I be if I did not include myself. Here is a Layout about how I got my name (went a little overboard on the pink but I hardly ever get to do pink layouts :)
Journaling reads: I have always been happy with my name. I pretended that I had other names growing up but never really wanted a different one. I have always loved that my name is common but spelled differently than most other Amy’s thus making me a bit unique. My parents chose Amie for my first name simply because they liked the name. There were other names that were considered including Sarah, Jennifer, James and Opey (If I was a boy- can you imagine?). My middle name was chosen for my mom and my Great-Grandmother. My Great-Grandmother was named Joyce and therefore my mom’s middle name is also Joyce. Does my name fit me? Beloved-yes underserved but yes. Joyous- lately no but it is a goal I aspire to.



No comments:
Post a Comment