Friday, September 18, 2009

The sewist . . .

I am looking for Apron patterns. I am making aprons for the boys for Christmas and now I want one too! So I am looking for a cute and Feminine pattern that I will love to wear and probably hate to mess up and I came across a review of a book I was interested in. In the review the reviewer refers to the person who sews the pattern as a sewist. I had never heard of the word, so of course I google it. It is a new politically correct, gender neutral version of seamstress. Who knew? Isn't a male seamstress a Taylor? So where there were two different words now there is only one, the English is ever-evolving.

1 comment:

Heather said...

If you are still looking for an apron pattern, this one that my friend, Stella, found and made as her first ever sewing project, I think is a really feminine and pretty apron: http://sewliberated.com/patterns.html#emmeline