So it is still early enough that no little guys are running around asking for something, fighting or climbing on my chair with blankets in tow to sit with me. I love this time in the morning. I read e-mails, read blogs, look at the weather and mentally prepare for the day. So this morning I pull up my e-mail and there were 5 messages. That is pretty exciting for me, I love getting e-mails so that started my day out in a happy place :)
Tonight is also the opening ceremony of the 2008 Summer Olympics. I Love the Olympics! It is really funny because I am not that big on watching sports, but the Olympics fascinate me. I do like watching the athletes compete in the different sporting events, I like seeing the American flag raised and hearing the National Anthem. I like watching all of the different varieties of sports that aren't typically aired (curling was the one we really got into during the last Olympics- never even knew what it was before that!) I think what I like most about the Olympics are the stories! Oh the stories- I know everyone loves them. The runner who had to practice in a war zone, the swimmer who grew up as a orphan, the team that has no chance of winning but wants to play just for the love of the game. Oh man I love those stories. I think I really love the Olympics because it shows the best of people from around the world. People competing against all odds struggling to conquer and overcome. I love seeing people from around the world in a good light. I love that these games have been going on for 112 years. I am so excited and can't wait for all the fun to begin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment