Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring may come. . . Hope is in sight

The snow is starting to melt, the air is warming up, I think Spring may find us here after all! With the onset of warmer we have been able to play outside, Jake has not really been out much this winter so he has been very hesitant. I can't really blame him he is so bundled up he can't really move. With his puffy jacket and mittens he reminds me of Pooh Bear! So the first day I took him out I set him down on the ground and he stood there like stone not moving a muscle until he started to cry for me to pick him up. We walked around a bit and then Will fell in the snow and needed some help up I put Jake down, and here is where he really got stressed out, I walked away. I know can you even imagine that I would do such a thing to a little guy? He starts crying, his sad, sad cry, and puts his little pooh bear arms in the air. So cute-of course what should go through my mind being the terrible mommy I am- darn if only I had a camera that fit in my pocket I could capture his precious little face! LOL! We have been out a few more times since then and he will now walk on the grass or on the sidewalk, but stops dead in his tracks when he gets close to the snow, even if he is following Will or chasing the ball, he will not go on the snow. He so cute I wish I could just bottle him up (at least when he is being precious and not proving that he has mommy's temper!)

No comments: