Yesterday I cut my finger.
It started as a normal Monday morning, wishing it were still the weekend, so Jonah would be staying home, feeling a little tired, and getting into the normal weekday schedule- just a normal Monday morning. We had gone on a "Bagel venture" on Sunday, this is an adventure in which we go to get Bagels :). So I decided to give the boys the left over bagels for breakfast. Did you know that left over bagels from a bagel shop are much harder than bagels for the grocery store? I learned this yesterday. I had to kind of push the knife through the bagel, on the second one I cut, I think I pushed a little too hard and got my finger in the process. It hurt. It bled a lot! Thankfully Jonah was still home because the sight of blood makes me nauseous and I seem to have a low tolerance to pain. So my tough guy bandaged up my finger while I tried hard not to pass out. The cut was pretty bad I guess on the border of needing stitches but I hate to go and get two stitches for something if I can avoid it, so my wonderful husband picked up some fingertip band aids for me and now my ugly, cut finger is bandaged up and feeling better, unless it gets bumped or kicked as it did this morning while trying to get my exuberant 3 year old dressed.
I still don't like to look at my finger or think of how it happened. . . I guess there is a reason that I am not a nurse and don't work in health care. God Bless those of you who do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment