Thursday, December 3, 2009

I hate sad endings

any type of sad ending at all. I steer away from books and movies that I know have sad endings, i.e. someone dies at the end. Even if I have heard great things about the movie I will usually refuse to watch it. When I watch a movie or read a book I want to know that ultimately the ending will be happy. Boys gets girl and they live Happily Ever After. They never break up no one dies prematurely, Happily Ever After. There is nothing that I hate more than investing time into watching a movie, or even worse, reading a book and getting to the end only to be depressed. I watched Catch and Release last night and not only was the storyline disjointed but really depressing. The ending was ultimately happy but the entire story was pretty sad I found myself wanting to cry and cry and I really don't like crying at all. So then I was annoyed that I watched a movie that made me cry! The entire movie watching experience was a bust! Tonight I think I will watch my new favorite show Pawn Stars. It is a history channel show that I think can best be described as Antique Road Show meets a redneck. It is about a Pawn shop in Las Vegas and all of the things they buy. They come across some really interesting items as well as people. Best of all there is never really a sad ending some bad buys or deals that cannot be made but never a true sad ending and you may even learn something. That is my kind of show!

No comments: